Florence Ocular Allergy Doctors:
Samuel E. Seltzer, MD
Howard N. Greene, MD
Vivek P. Vasuki, MD
Contact us at 843.664.9393 today to schedule a dry eye evaluation.
Eye allergy triggers such as pollen, pet dander, dust mites, cigarette smoke and even perfume can cause eye irritation that ultimately leads to dry eye symptoms. You can try to minimize ocular allergies by making changes to your daily activities such as:
- Stay indoors with windows closed when pollen counts are high
- Avoid touching/rubbing your eyes
- Wash your hands after touching animals
- Use bedding covers to prevent dust mites
- Avoid smoking or being exposed to second hand smoke
Over-the-counter eye drops, antihistamines and decongestants may be sufficient to help control ocular allergies. If your symptoms are persistent, prescription medication may be necessary.
Do you have dry eye? Take our free online Dry Eye Self-Evaluation now as a first step in your discovery process. Then contact our office in Florence, South Carolina, at 843.664.9393 to schedule a Dry Eye Consultation.