Are You a Candidate for LASIK?
The only way to know for sure if your eyes are LASIK-ready is to schedule a LASIK Consultation at Carolinas Centers for Sight, P.C. We will perform a comprehensive, comfortable exam of your eyes and recommend the best treatment option for reducing your dependence on glasses or contact lenses:
- Blade-free LASIK
- PRK (for patients with high refractive errors or thin corneas)
- Intraocular Collamer Lens (for patients with high refractive errors or thin corneas)
- Multifocal Intraocular Lens (IOL) for early cataract removal
Preparing For Your LASIK Consult
- Bring a driver with you as you will be dilated
- Bring dark sunglesses because your eyes will be light-sensitive
- Do not wear soft contacts for two weeks before your consultation, toric lenses for three weeks and gas permeable or hard contacts for five weeks
- Expect to spend two to three hours for your testing and appointment with Dr. Greene
During your LASIK Consultation, you will meet with Dr. Howard Greene and be able to ask him all your questions about LASIK. Our entire team will provide you with honest, straightforward answers to your questions so you can decide for yourself if LASIK is right for you.
General LASIK Guidelines
- At least 21 years old
- Stable vision prescription for at least one year
- No existing eye disease
- Good general health
For your first step toward LASIK surgery, take our free online LASIK Self-Evaluation. It’s a short questionnaire that gives immediate feedback about your possible candidacy for LASIK. Keep in mind that it does not take the place of an in-office consultation, which includes extensive testing.