During these stressful times, we want to reassure you that the health and safety of our patients, staff and the greater community are our number one priority. The COVID-19 recommendations are very fluid and have been changing daily. Thus far, we have provided direction according to CDC recommendations. Based on the recommendations from the CDC as well as CMS, AAO, AOA, and many others, we decided, effective Monday March 23rd, to close our surgery centers and stop all routine and elective eye exams in our clinics. In addition, we will also temporarily suspend LASIK screenings and LASIK surgeries.
If you have an appointment scheduled during the closure, you can call us at 843-664-9393, but you will be likely be hearing from us soon as our team proactively works to reschedule appointments.
Please keep in mind that we will still be available to schedule any urgent eye health needs, as well as future appointments, which can be scheduled by calling 843-664-9393. Please remember that urgent care appointments will continue to follow our COVID-19 pre-screening guidelines referenced below.
We are caregivers at heart and the idea of discontinuing our daily calling to serve patients is hard to accept, however, our guidance is to reduce our patient volume to ensure everyone’s safety. We want to thank you for being our patient and we look forward to seeing you soon.
All appointments will be screened in advance, by telephone/email survey:
- To ensure no patients with COVID-19 symptoms, nor exposure to it, enter our facilities.
- To reschedule any patients, with non-urgent appointments, with any chronic respiratory conditions, such as COPD or who are immune-compromised or sick. We will reschedule them out 4+ weeks.
- Note: Any patients being actively treated for an eye disease, we would prefer to see, in a secure setting, assuming they are not contagious with COVID-19.
- A Screening Specialist will screen everyone entering at the door with a questionnaire and take their temperature with a non-contact thermometer (ask anyone with 100+ temperature, to leave the facility and see their PCP/local hospital to get tested first before returning).
- Patients will be given the option to wait in their vehicle and be called when we are ready to begin the exam.
- Entrance to our facilities is limited to our patients and their essential caregivers. All other visitors are asked to kindly wait outside.
If you just returned from International travel (Level 3 and 4 countries such as China, Iran, Japan, South Korea, and European countries) or domestic travel to states with high numbers of infected patients (e.g., Washington state, California, New York), we ask you to stay home for 14 days. NOTE: These recommendations are subject to change. Please refer to the CDC for the latest recommendations. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html